How to Clean and Disinfect Horween Leather
Method One: Soap and Water
- Lightly moisten a cloth with water and a small amount of soap.
- Rub the soap on the cloth so that a light lather is created.
- Lightly clean the leather surface with the soapy cloth.
- Use a clean, dry cloth to lightly wipe the leather dry (don’t use any heat to dry the leather out).
- This process also cleans the good oils out with the bad, so using a leather conditioner (such as this one on our site) will help restore the good stuff and protect the leather as well.
- Leave your leather case in a dry environment overnight to continue drying out.
Method Two: Disinfectant Wipe
- Tear off a piece of a disinfectant wipe and use it to wipe down your entire case.
- Lightly moisten a cloth with water and wipe down the case to remove any residue
- Use a clean, dry cloth to lightly wipe the leather dry.
- See steps 5 and 6 above.
Please note using a disinfectant wipe can result in extreme drying of the leather so we advise precaution and care if you go with this method. We do not recommend using disinfectant wipes on our products in Natural Leather, as we saw it changed the color of the leather.